Clash of clans is one of the most popular and admired online multiplayer games. During this game, the players are supposed to form communities called clans. They can train troops, and attack other players so as to earn resources. The game is a fantasy-themed game and the player is generally the chief of the village. The task of the players is to create and build their own village by utilizing the resources. These resources are gained from attacking other players via the game’s fighting features and producing themthemselves. There are four primary currencies or resources in the game. Gold and elixir are utilized to build and upgrade defenses as well as traps that further protect the player from other players’ attacks. They can also be used to build and upgrade buildings. To train and upgrade troops and spells, Elixir and dark elixir are used. There is a pseudo-single-player campaign in which the player can attack a chain of reinforced goblin villages and as a result, earn gold, elixir, and dark elixir. Whether it is a war, farming, or trophy, an excellent and decent base is vital to thrive in the player’s objective. A base that is not well-designed may easily fail to attack, irrespective of how much Gold we have plowed into the defenses. In contrast, a well-designed base will always be able to defend better despite the defenses being weaker.
All these aspects of the game attract loads of people to play clash of clans addiction, so many that clash of clans addiction
1. Free on App store and Play store - The games that cost money often create a wall and this wall averts a huge number of players from accessing the game. Free apps are always prioritized by people especially when it comes to games. People are largely appealed by the fact that they can enjoy this adventure without having to pay a penny. Clash of Clans happens to free on the app store and hence attracts many players to it and it does not matter how many times you play; it will always remain free. This results in people coming back to play Clash of Clans again and again and becoming a subject to the clash of clans addiction.
2. Easy to play anywhere - Clash of clans addiction results that players play it anywhere. Whether they are on the bus, on a train, or even sitting in the toilet. Yes, it is that addictive and the main reason is you can play it from anywhere and anytime. You’ll always enjoy the game equally no matter where you are. Even if you are one of the casual gamers, you’ll find yourself using your free time to engage in a Clan War or two. It just requires you to pick up your phone and start playing from any location. This ease contributes to the clash of clans addiction.
3. Simple and engrossing gameplay - One of the key reasons behind the clash of clans addiction is its simple and interesting gameplay. The game is really simple and easy to learn. The simplistic gameplay with simple touch controls and an interface that guides the player through their decisions happens to be a prominent characteristic of the game. Right from the start, the game creates an air of welcomeness for the players. The design of the game is kept simple and the players have a chance of quick and great rewards which makes them want to play more of this game and paves way for the clash of clans addiction.
4. Interesting in app purchases - There are many games that are free to install and if you want to customize your character or your game, you can always go for in-app purchases. These may include the player to charge for in-game cosmetic items that will change their own appearance. Although Clash of Clans is a free game, if you wish to move along more rapidly, you have an option to pay for the in-app purchases. Clash of clans always tempts the players with some fascinating in-app purchases to help them get ahead in the game, thus contributing to the clash of clans addiction.
5. Unpredictable game – There are many games on the app store that can be easily predicted. However, Clash of Clans does not fall under such apps. You cannot predict anything in Clash of Clans as each battle in a Clan War is never the same. It all depends on who you are up against as well as the troops and spells you bring to the war. All this creates an unpredictable experience that you will enjoy. Players always love such games that surprise at every turn and Clash of Clans is one such game that offers an unpredictable experience for its players, making way for the clash of clans addiction in people.
6. The unique cast of troops in the game - Clash Of Clans includes a unique cast of troops that have been appreciated all around the world. There has been a lot of significance on the characters. When you get to higher levels, you will have more troops available to you. By having more troops, your combat strategy can become more complex. The characters’ attachments have resulted to be stronger over the years. This is another big reason behind the the clash of clans addiction.
7. The foundation of great base - The foundation of a great base is very important. It basically means understanding how the troops that attack it work, what they target, and the different ways to target them. You must always know the types of armies your attacker may be using in order to achieve this goal. It is very important to note that no base is an ideal defense against every type of attack. However, you must always build against common attacks as it will help you achieve your goal. There are various types of bases that you can make in Clash of Clans and it is essential that you make a well-designed base for the actual job that you want it to do. Due to these strategies, the players are stuck to the game and want to play more of it.
8. Appeals to one’s competitive side - Many of us possess an in-built competitive nature. We aim to win and achieve everything in life. Clash of Clans will offer an outlet to the players who have that need for a competitive streak. You have the independence to do everything you can do in this game. This means that the design of your base, selection of troops, upgrades, and strategies are all your own calls. The result of winning a clan war completely relies upon you. Eventually, this means that you are the master of your own destiny in the Clash of Clans. There is an online matchmaking system that sets you against other clans with similar strengths. This will never let you feel underpowered in the battle for those stars. This alludes that the results of clan war depend only upon you and your clan mate’s abilities. This results in a challenging experience. Thus the clash of clans addiction is a result of the human competitive side being exposed to the game.
9. Highly social game - your friends also possess the same competitive nature as you, then Clash of Clans is your game. The game was designed in a way for people to interact with each other and also team up to collect resources. This game has a unique style of gameplay that allows you and your friends to acquire Clash of Clans Gems faster and help each other level up quickly. Well, even if you do not have a friend to play with, you can interact with other players who are playing Clash of Clans and make new bonds. There are many players who join a clan, make new friends, and play together. People are addicted to the amazing friendly challenges that allow practicing the battles. Though this war is for fun, it is very addictive as it gives you the chance to really sharpen your skills, without losing any valuable resource, thus making way for the clash of clans addiction.
Amity University Kolkata.