Who doesn’t love chocolates? Let’s make something interesting yet easy and a delicious recipe out of chocolates!
So, chocolate puddings are basically of two types –
One, that is boiled and then chilled before serving, and Two,
A steamed or the baked version which is quite similar to that of cakes.
Sugar 1/3rd cup
Milk 1 cup+2 tbsp
Corn-starch 1.5 tbsp
Cocoa Powder 3tbsp
Vanilla ¼ tbsp
Pinch of salt
• In a sauce pan take the sugar, cocoa powder, salt and corn-starch and then mix well.
• Next add in cold milk to it and whisk to combine well.
• Then, place the mixture on medium heat and stir constantly until it becomes thick and reaches a boil.• Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
• Then, remove it from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
• Next, allow it to cool but stir occasionally to avoid forming a skin on it.
• Then pour it in the glass or bowl in which you want to eat or serve it.
• Cover with cling film, making sure that it touches the surface of the pudding so that no skin is formed.• Chill it in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.
- PURBALI MANDAL
Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication,
Amity University Kolkata